Sunday 16 October 2016

Second Painting Finished (forgot to take progress photos oops)


I finished the second painting yesterday (unfortunately forgot to take any progress shots while painting oops). I feel as though this image is more successful than the last one, as I think it makes better use of the space, and the overall piece feels better composed. 

I really enjoy writing with my images, and the emotive result I often get from it, however figuring out how to do this large scale comes with it's struggles. My piece at HSS felt very successful in a live art environment and through the public feedback I got form it, however with these two pieces it's hard to tell how successful they are.

I think the linework on this piece is definitely better than the previous, and it feels a little better crafted. Though I'm pleased with these images, I think I see them as an experiment into larger scale work rather than a final resolution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment