Wednesday 12 October 2016

Painting Progress and Finish


Today I finished the first painting for my submission to Ferens Art Gallery Open Exhibition. There are quite a few elements within this painting that I've come to like (the details on the blue hair especially) however there are some aspects I'm not so happy with. I think the face on the left looks a little static and perhaps not thoughtfully crafted? It's hard for me to know at this point whether or not these pieces would work in a city gallery setting. 

I really like working large scale, however I think I'm definitely still finding my footing in how to use this media and scale to the best of my abilities / make it suit my way of working. I definitely want to make more large scale work but I think I maybe need more practice? I'm not sure, but I figure I have nothing to loose in entering them to the Open Exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment