Tuesday 25 October 2016

Presentation Board for Virgin Media Brief

Board submitted to Headingley Residents Association

Today I sent an email with my presentation board and proposed ideas for the box painting brief. I cleaned up some of the details within the bear illustration so they would be able to see them individually. I knew at this stage it wouldn't be appropriate to put an immense amount of detail into the images, as they would be refined during the painting process. I did include some small notes to give some elements of the piece more clarity and context.

I also included a small 'rationale' of the piece when I sent the email to Ruth (head of the residents association);

Hi Ruth,

I heard about your need for designs to be painted onto some boxes in the Headingley area of Leeds. I'm a third year student (illustration) at Leeds College of Art, and having lived in Headingley the past couple of years, would love to take part in this project. 

I've attached a copy of my design board roughing out what the box would look like. I chose to roll with a bear theme given the area's historical bear pit background! Made to look a lot friendlier of course (no awful bear fight action on the box haha), with some bright and bold colours allowing it to really stand out. The final box would be completed in a style similar to that of the bear design on the board provided. 

Thank you for your consideration and look forward to hearing back from you,

I have heard back from Ruth already, noting that her and the other members will be looking at all the entries next week, and that she was happy to see an animal entry as it would appeal to the children. Given that this is a community project, I did try to accommodate for the fact this would be seen by the general public, so I wanted the piece to appear friendly and fun. It's nice to know that reads through my design board!

No comments:

Post a Comment