Wednesday 26 October 2016

Finalizing Images for Artlink


Process;

  • Here I began the process of adding detail and finalizing some of the chosen compositions. 
  • It worked well for me to use the lightbox during the image-making as it allowed me to work with layers like photoshop, but using analogue media. This meant that when it came to making a decision about whether or not I should add something, I was able to try it out on another piece of paper without the worry of ruining my image

Media;

  • I used a mixture of two pen thicknesses for the final construction of each image. This allowed me to work in a line quality that I know would be thick enough to expose through screen print, while the thinner pen let me add detail / thin / thicken certain lines out for more variation within the image.
  • Given this is my first time screen printing in over a year, I'm thinking of doing each image as a one screen print bur perhaps using a split fountain flood so they're each two colours. This means I can focus on getting into the swing of screen printing again without worrying about time, as if I were to do a two screen print (colours not overlaying properly, one colour ruining the other one, having to do batches from the beginning etc).
  • These pieces will be sold in gallery shop setting so I want to be proud of the pieces I display and not feel as though I've had to rush them; for this reason I think a split fountain one screen print would work well.

What Next;

  • Finalise each image / clean up on photoshop
  • Experiment with colour ways for images; want one that works for them all
  • Print out on pure black for exposing
  • Get to printing!

No comments:

Post a Comment