Monday 17 October 2016

Photographs Sent Off & Reflection


I photographed my pieces, and set them to the specified 72dpi format and size. It mentioned within the submission guidelines that you were allowed up to two photos per submission; one to show the piece in total and one to show close up detail. I took the photographs in natural lighting, making the most of my student housing fireplace.

I think the three pieces work well as a set, but as previously mentioned, I'm unsure as to whether they will fit the Ferens Gallery expectations and high standards. Even though I'm in my final year at LCA, I still really enjoy experimenting and pushing my practice. Perhaps these paintings aren't quite there yet in terms of craft and finalization. But I'm glad I did this brief as larger scale work was something I wanted to try out this year. This is a starting step, not a resolution! 

No comments:

Post a Comment