Wednesday 5 October 2016

Received Frames & Line-work Creation


  Today I received access to the dropbox file containing all 14 frames that La Betes wanted to be drawn over.

As mentioned, the line-work had to be in-keeping with that of the front cover of the EP. I chose a berol fine liner for this task, as it gave me a relatively consistent line quality while still allowing for pressure control and 'shaky' line movement.

I wanted the line-work to amplify the notion of sound and thoughts, creating focal points within each frame, drawing attention to the sources of sounds and lyrics.

Dan also specified that he wanted lyrics written on specific frames so I made sure this hand-rendered typeface was consistent with the overall atmosphere and vibe of the video and imagery; making the most of the composition of each frame.

I created the images by printing each frame out to size and using a lightbox and good weight stock paper to draw over the top of them. Analogue media felt the most appropriate for this brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment