Friday 7 October 2016

Delivery of PNG Line-Work and Completion of Brief


 I spent today editing the final files to send over to Dan for their video 'Breaking In'. I cleaned up the original scanned line-work and edited the files so they were white lines on transparent backgrounds (for animating by J.Moore). I knew that sending the files over just as their final PNGs wouldn't be very helpful for Dan's visualization (doesn't have photoshop, images would just look white).

So I overlaid the final artworks onto the designate frames and sent those over first, so he could see each of the images in context. Once these had got the okay, I sent him a file containing the PNG's for manipulation.

As ever Dan and the boys were super speedy with payment, and I think they really value my competence at being able to turn over a brief quickly and to a professional standard. It's a really great feeling that I may already be getting a kind of 'regular' client.

This brief also forced me to look at my illustration in a new format and context. I really enjoyed this brief, and working with line on their past two projects has been really enjoyable. I think looking at my image-making through the lens of line is something I'd like to take through to some other briefs. I'm still not really sure what my 'tone of voice' is or where my work sits, but it's encouraging to know I'm already getting some little bits of live work!

This is the first 'collaboration's style brief I've done this year too. I'm not involved with the editing side of my images so I'm interested to see how they'll turn out. Given that I was only asked to supply one image for each frame, I'm wondering how these images will be animated or manipulated into moving; but this is a job for their videotographer.

Another brief down with a happy client!

No comments:

Post a Comment