Thursday 20 October 2016

Artlink Brief

The Client;

  • Artlink Gallery, Hull
  • They emailed me the brief asking if I wanted to take part


The Brief;

  • Hello,
    • As you know Artlink’s run the print open for the past 10 years but this year we wanted to change things around and give our visitors chance to buy more printed products for Christmas.
        We came up with the idea of a one stop pop up print shop. We wanted to showcase the work of six Hull based print makers vs 6 none Hull print makers in hope to raise awareness, standards and ideas around new artists coming to Hull in 2017.
          Would you be interested in showing with us? We are installing a shop experience in the gallery space from Monday 6th November, with a preview on Friday 11th November. The exhibition will run until December 10th. Work will be on a sale or return basis and we take 25% commission on sales (so we ask artists to consider this when pricing).
            We would need around 10 prints and a couple of products, we can also let you know if stock is low throughout the show.
              Please let me know if you’re interested in this, and feel free to give me a call to discuss it further.
                Kind Regards,
                    Kate West
                      Gallery Manager

                        Rationale;
                        • Kate from Artlink emailed me this brief after finding me through my Hull creative network. I think this would be a fab experience for getting hands on with a gallery and also being able to showcase and possibly sell some of my work! I mentioned previously I would love to get a little more knowledgeable on how to contact and speak with galleries, and I think this would be a great start! It'd also push me to get a little better at screen printing which is something I've been trying to do for ages; overall very excited for this brief! 

                        No comments:

                        Post a Comment