Tuesday 28 February 2017

Physical Copy of Independent Leeds & Virgin Media Box Exhibition



Tonight I went to a one night only exhibition of all the painted virgin media boxes for headlingley residents association. It was a really great night seeing everyone and their work, and the residents had even put together to get our paintings printed for us to keep; how sweet.

Whilst at the event I also saw David from Independent Leeds, and he had with him a fresh batch of the latest issue. Inside was the piece I wrote and illustrated for them, as well as a photograph of my box in a feature they'd done on all the paintings for this event.

It's absolutely so great seeing my own work in a publication like Independent Leeds. I think the guys did a fab job of arranging the layout and my pieces look so professional in this context!! I would consider taking on more editorial / reportage briefs after completing this one for I.L. It was a great learning curve, and I surprised myself with how well it all came out. Overall, many happy vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment