Monday 13 February 2017

La Bete Blooms; T-shirt Alteration


Dan got back to me today in regards to the t-shirt design I readjusted for them. It turns out that the company he has paid to create the t-shirts have attempted to screen print the design a couple of times but the lines were too thin. Dan ask if I'd be able to thicken out the lines so he could send a heavy version of the image.

To do this I simply printed out my previous design onto A3 paper, and used a lightbox to trace over the linework using a much thicker pen. I still wanted the image to feel hand rendered, so it made the most sense to do the image this way, rather than going over the lines or manipulating them digitally. 

Once I'd completed the image I scanned it in at 300dpi and sent it over to Dan as a pure black CMYK image. Hopefully they'll have more luck printing with this design rather than the thinner lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment