Wednesday 22 February 2017

Initial sketches for CMV and struggle


I started with some initial sketches in my sketchbook for this brief. The openness of it left me a little stumped at where to start as I feel as though all I've done recently is live briefs that are often dictated at least in part by the client.

I knew I wanted to play around with the female form, so I started by doing some sketches from life drawings to see if any interesting compositions came out of it. I like the idea of glitches and pixels going awry to go with the theme 'out of order' but I'm really not sure what direction, or how I want to achieve that.

In all honesty I'm feeling a little bummed out at the minute, as if I've got an artistic block. I've been working on live and quick turn around briefs for so long I feel as though I'm running out of creative energy a little bit. I really want to be in this show but my mind is at a current blank. I'm hoping inspiration will strike soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment