Thursday 16 February 2017

FINAL VISIT TO V.M. BOX!!!

I finally finished my Virgin Media box!!!!!!!

I could honestly cry tears of joy I'm so happy I've completed it. This brief has really felt like a long and difficult one, but I've learnt so much from it and made some ace connections.

Really when I returned to the old faithful, it was just finishing details that needed doing to complete the piece. It's amazing how much the black line work brought to the final steps of the painting; it really made the piece feel finished and brought into focus a lot of the details and focal points.

I decided not to outline the ferns either side of the box as I really did want the bear to be the focus. Using the black paint on the top of the box helped give some depth to the image, as well as explain the textures there a little more.

All in all this has been a fab project to be a part of. Even though I'm not sure if the style reflects where my tone of voice is now, I think it's a sure milestone in my work this year. It's also taught me a huge number of skills when it comes to larger scale painting, and working with the cold elements of the North, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment