Saturday 18 February 2017

La Bete Blooms; Tour Poster


Client;
  • La Bete Blooms

Brief;
  • To create a new tour poster for band La Bete Blooms. Will feature a range of tour dates, locations, prices and details. Style; not specified. Size; A4. For digital promotion only so RGB format. List of tour dates and details to be given.

Rationale;
  • I really enjoyed doing La Betes previous gig poster, and so when this opportunity came along I saw it as a great chance to try that way of working again. I also think the hand rendered work suits their sound a lot more than the digital stuff, and they really let me go with my gut tone of voice with these posters which is great.



  • When I got this brief however, I was at home without any of my materials (on a break at home after finishing COP haha). I knew I wouldn't be back in Leeds for another few days so I had a little play on photoshop with the details that Dan had sent me and one of the old band photographs.
  • I knew this little experiment wasn't really going to lead to anything final, and when I sent them to Dan he said although he liked them he preferred the hand drawn stuff; which I agree with.
  • This was still nice to have a little play around with though. These posters feel more lofi and slightly more electronic than the post punk sounds of La Bete Blooms. It was fun to do something different with the imagery too- and though it didn't lead to anything I think I've still taken a little bit from it that I could put into other projects if they came along.


No comments:

Post a Comment