Sunday 19 February 2017

Compositions for La Betes Tour Poster


Once I got back to Leeds I got started on some rough compositions for the boys. This was a pretty quick turn around brief (they ideally wanted it before the end of the week) so I drew out for compositions for them to chose from. I sent these over with roughs of where the text for each image would go and allowed them to chose the one they felt most confident with.

Getting back to me the same day, they told me they'd gone for John sitting down playing with the deck on the floor. I agreed that I liked this composition and would get started on finalizing the piece as soon as I could.

The live briefs I've undertaken this year have really pushed me in terms of keeping to deadlines and turning images and ideas around pretty quickly. It's not often that I have more than a week or two to get each brief finished, and I think because of this I've gotten a lot faster at getting ideas down without the worry of 'ooo will that work is it even worth drawing' ya just gotta draw it and find out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment