Friday 15 January 2016

Sting; Print Tests


TEST 1

The making of my final sting was quite painless given that I had already sorted out all the movements and timing in my sting through the use of digitally created visuals. To make this final piece I merely switched in each element one at a time and copied the movements I'd already programmed in to the digital visuals. A few alterations had to be made in terms of anchor points // slight movements but for the most part it worked as I wanted it to!


TEST 2

At this point I'd been scouring the internet for a royalty free track that would fit with my sting! I finally came across this track that fit into the sort of genre of music I was looking for while fitting with the animation on a pacing level. I am worried however that the music isn't psych enough, so I've decided to have one last look and see if there's any other music I can find!


TEST 3

This version is exactly the same as version 2 in terms of animation but the music is slightly different. It definitely feels a lot more 60s psych HOWEVER I feel like it has made the piece feel a little weaker. The track is too fast and at times it feels like the animation is trying to catch up with it. The music makes the animation feel badly timed and less effective as a whole

FINAL THOUGHTS // CHOOSING FINAL STING

For my final sting I've chosen to use TEST 2 as I feel that track makes the piece a lot stronger as a 15 second long sting when compared with the clunkiness of TEST 3. While the third test did have a stronger 60s vibe, that didn't actually help with my piece. I feel the colours visual elements allow the piece to feel 60s, and the slight somber atmosphere of TEST 2's music works better with the atmosphere of my sting as a whole! I wish I had more time to search further for music but given the time available I'm relatively pleased with my final sting.

No comments:

Post a Comment