Wednesday 13 January 2016

Caitlin Moran; Finalisation of Imagery Choices

Image Choice & Media

At this point I decided on the front facing image of the girl and the speech bubble for my front cover and to use motifs from the book on the back cover. While scamping out some variations of this, I also made the choice to change the mechanical pencil to a biro pen. When the mechanical pencil work was scanned in with the coloured pencil it felt a little lost and lacked the definition I wanted in my final sleeve. A black biro pen allowed me to have that definition while allowing for a similar level of detail and degrees of pressure. 

Layout // Composition 

With the subject of the front and back cover chosen I did a few variations on composition and how the text would integrate with the image. It was of course vital all the required information // text was on the design and worked with the image harmoniously. When it came to the back cover I didn't want there to be a battle with the imagery and the text, given the back was more text heavy than the front. Because of this I chose to only use two motifs from the book, a tampon and lipstick, on the back cover. Once I have the text set up on the final format file I feel it'l be easier to know where to put each object so it works with the blurb. 

Mock Up

With all the practical aspects of the images decided upon I printed out a 100% scale version of the formatted PDF file and drew out in pencil a rough for proportional purposes. This could then be traced over using a light box when completing my final image so it would fit easily into the template once scanned in without being un-centered or having parts cut off//blank areas

No comments:

Post a Comment