Wednesday 13 January 2016

Lino Printing

Prints in process and complete

PROCESS; PROS

The print process was a relatively smooth operation. Using techniques I'd practiced and things I'd learnt from previous endevours most of the prints came out well! I left a large boarder on the paper to allow room for fingermarks or smudges at the sides without (hopefully) getting too many near the central image (I did change disposable printing gloves very often to try and ensure the edges stayed relatively clean but it was difficult)

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES

Things that were harder about this process included lining up the stamps so they fit on top of the original print where I wanted them to (especially on the first print, there were a couple of times I put the text in the wrong order!) as well as making sure the colours matched each other evenly! Two of the blue prints were done at the same time whereas the other blue print was done at another time, meaning I had to remix the blue ink resulting in a darker tone and thus differing it to the previous prints slightly. I wasn't too concerned with this however, as they all used a similar dark blue // dark orangey brown colour palette, tying them together.

PICKING FINALS

The final prints were picked from the selection I printed this week. I looked out for even distribution of ink, lack of smudging // movement of lino, less marks around the edges, and clarity in each piece to hand pick my final three.

No comments:

Post a Comment