Monday 18 January 2016

Final Linos and Presentation

Organising work & final prints

Given the aforementioned criteria, I picked out my top three prints and cropped them down to each have a matching boarder width ready for presentation. Drawing all my development work together, I sorted through, organised piles and printed out matching labels ready for hand in.

FINAL THOUGHTS ON PRINTS

Conceptually; I’m proud of how my take on Murakami isn’t one that has been previously over done or feels cliché or obvious. I was a little wary at first as to whether people would understand it or get the concept behind the works, but throughout this entire process peers and tutors alike have only ever been encouraging of this new direction. Concept is something I feel I can often over complicate or fail to fully pull to fruition at the end, but with this module I’d like to think I’ve pulled it off! Big thumbs up!

Visually; Overall I’m pleased with my prints as a set, however I do have some reservations. I feel very proud of my first two lino cuts and prints, but feel as though the third one could have had a lot more detail put into it. I think this is largely due to the fact I know I spent a lot of time crafting and refining the first two prints, but had to rush the final one along slightly given the time scale I had available towards the end. This said I’m still happy with the works as a whole. I feel as though, for perhaps one of the first times, I’ve been able to carry through the energy and fluidity from my sketchbook to my final pieces while still developing them and crafting them to a high level of finish and detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment