Friday 5 May 2017

Time to CREATE

The past couple of days have been spent trying to madly create some images in response to the tutorial I had with Matt. I agree that my best work is when it's expressive and almost 'spur of the moment'. It's hard to just turn that one and off however. Quite often my instinctive work doesn't quite...well...work? I'd like to think I'm a practitioner that embraces mistakes quite openly, and I've never been afraid to make a mess of my sketchbook, however with the deadline looping quite close, I am feeling the pressure to create something 'final'. The past couple of days I've tried to put that at the back of my mind and just create using key quotes and points of interest from what Stew said.

I'm thinking now that the end product to this brief may be a series of narrative style posters, created and championing DIY, punk ethics. Maybe the best way of showing the Hull music scene, with all my pride and love for it's gritty hard graft approach, is to create how I consume. Let's make something with FEELING.

No comments:

Post a Comment