Wednesday 10 May 2017

Final 5 Posters


Using my composition sketches, I created four new A3 poster designs and decided to include a previously created image. I'm happy with how these images have turned out individually and how they work as a set.

I think the mixture between thick and thin line-work creates more diversity than my other images had before, and these certainly have a lot more energy and a gritty punk aesthetic to them. I'm hoping as a series they do reflect the Hull music scene and what it's about, though along the way, perhaps this project has become more about a personal response to the music scene through primary research and experience, rather than trying to express a specific emotion or point of view? 

Moving forward I need to add a background colour to these so they can be seen as they would be in their final context (screen printed and hung for an exhibition). 

No comments:

Post a Comment