Thursday 4 May 2017

Thoughts on Final Product

Throughout this project, the final outcome of my piece(s) has changed multiple times, as the focus of my work has become more defined. Moving from gig posters, to a clothing brand, to a hardback book to where I am now.

The past couple of days I've spent trying to loosen up and hone in on what kind of work I want to make and what I want it to say. I think Matt was right when he said my work is at it's best when I'm working instinctively and intuitively, and so these past couple of days I've been trying to work out how I can emulate this quality of work (learning how to 'play live' rather than 'studio recording'). 

I think I'm slowly getting closer to what I want my final pieces to be;

  • 4-6 A2 Prints (time dependent)
  • 'Gig Poster Style' (La Bete Blooms)
  • One colour print on coloured paper
  • Proposed as A2 screen prints (won't have time to do this for hand-in but will screen print them for the end of year show)

Rationale of work;

  • This series of work explores the underground Hull music scene, with specific references to the punk movement between the mid nineties to early noughties. Taking into account primary research through informal interviews and first hand experiences of the scene, this series hopes to emulate the ethos of Hull's music community. Through the media of screen-print and the analogue investigation of this topic, it is hoped the final works champion the notions of D.I.Y., working class subculture, and Hull pride. 
  • GIVE. 'EM. HULL.

No comments:

Post a Comment