Sunday 14 May 2017

Summative Evaluation

This module has been one of the biggest learning experiences of my educational journey to date. That being said, however, I feel as though a lot of this learning was done outside of the classroom. Engaging with multiple live briefs this year has allowed me to better understand how I work as a practitioner, where my work fits in the ‘real world’, and how to conduct myself as a professional. I can honestly say that I wouldn’t have been able to make the progress this year that I have, without the faith of those around me who have trusted me with their time and money to make something with feeling.

Usually as each module comes to an end I talk about my lack of time keeping, and though my blogging has been far from perfect for this module, my ability to organize and manage my time with multiple live briefs has really improved this year. I’ve had to balance a lot of client work alongside my studies, and at times this may have impacted my grading, but it’s a conscious choice I made. I’m really proud to be finishing this course with such a range of live work in my portfolio, and to have been lucky enough to work for people and briefs that I believed in.

It feels a little strange to be leaving, but the excitement for post-uni life far outweighs the nerves. I’m looking forward to having the time to get back to my personal practice again, and use the skills I’ve developed this year through live briefs in my own work. More than that though, I’m just looking forward to having the time to fall in love with my craft again. I feel ready to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment