Thursday 11 May 2017

Colour-Way Studies


Having finished my final posters, I decided to test out different colour ways. I won't have time to screen print the finals for hand in, but I still wanted to show the colours I would have proposed they be done in.

I started with two colour prints to see how they'd work with the linework not being black. I stuck to a lot of reds / yellows as they're both colours used often in the Hull music scene (eg. The Adelphi, The Sesh etc). However part of me felt that the coloured linework didn't have the same weight as the pure black. The line work of each image is the focal point so it's integral that it stands out and is visible against the background.

After playing around with a few I thought that the red/yellow background and black linework looked best. I also feel it translated across all the prints (only 3 shown above) and kept them cohesive. 

I then mocked a selection of these up as prints. I think this is how I'll present them within the final presentation boards; proposed as a select number of what would be a larger body of work exploring the Hull music scene and exhibited in a gallery setting.

I'm thinking of doing some of the final prints in the red background and some in the yellow, depending on which works best for the individual image. Within the proposed exhibition all prints would then be either red or yellow in background colour so the series worked cohesively. 


No comments:

Post a Comment