Sunday 7 May 2017

Compositions for Final Posters & Context

After loosening up with my drawings, I think I'm starting to get closer to what I want my final product to be. I agree with Matt that a poster format is perhaps a better context for my images to exist in, and after going through the initial words that would have been published in the pages of the book, I've highlighted some key points I think I want to respond to using the poster format.

I've spent the past couple of days really trying to push the compositions and ideas for each image. I intend on making these putting pen straight to paper; there's a way I draw using a pen straight to paper without pencil marks that allows me a freedom in how I create. I've planned for four posters, as I'd rather make four that really reflect what I;m trying to communicate, than push to make six but rush them all.

As for the final context of these posters, I'm going to propose them as a small selection of what would be a bigger series of work exploring the Hull music scene. These would then be exhibited in Hull for a short period of time, and sold individually with all profits going to Warren Records and other local charities/ events/ causes.

No comments:

Post a Comment