Tuesday 2 May 2017

Start on Final Illustrations


Today I began working on the final illustrations for each page. With a rough composition for each worked out, I scanned in the chosen composition, printed it out at 7x7inch and used a light box to draw in more detail with a pencil. I then went over these with a fine liner pigma pen.

I've been toying with the idea of having hand rendered or computer rendered text/font for this book. After completing these first two illustrations I think a digital font would complement the images better than hand-rendered. I don't want the images to look too cluttered and I think the digital text would give a good sense of consistency throughout the book. Separating the analogue image making (my images) with the text (Stew's words).

No comments:

Post a Comment