Wednesday 21 September 2016

La Bete Blooms; EP Brief & Rationale

The Client;

  • Hull based band La Bete Blooms
  • Been in discussion with client for a while about working with them on a live brief; self networked brief


The Brief;

  • Post-punk band La Bete Blooms approached me recently in regards to creating a design for their upcoming EP 'I know it's nothing'. They had employed an artist to do this prior to asking me, however the illustrator was unable to complete the work within the time frame required. Having been in discussion with me over the past year about potentially collaborating on something, lead singer Dan Mawer reached out to me about designing the CD for their second EP. He already had a preliminary sketch of what he wanted the end product to look like, however wanted a much more DIY/punk aesthetic feel to the end product. I feel like this brief fit with my way of working well.


The Rationale;

  • Building from OUIL505, I wanted to take on some more music driven briefs this year. As well as providing an opportunity for live work in my portfolio, this brief would also be paid work and allow me some insight into the relationship between musician/ illustrator within the design process.

No comments:

Post a Comment