Friday 23 September 2016

Chosen Cover & Scratchy Alt


 Dan got back to me about the front and back covers of the CD, and as a band they decided to go with the white marker pen (first in issuu post).

While this is the one the band chose to go with as a team, Dan asked if I wouldn't mind cleaning up the 'scratchy' version also, and perhaps trying a purple colour gradient over the top it it.

When it came to the editing of the final CD cover, they wanted the colours to 'pop' a little more, and a purple undertone to be present throughout both images.

At this point I'm fairly happy with how the pieces are coming along. This type of illustration is something different to what I'd normally do, and working alongside a client with very specific ideas is teaching me a lot about responding to others needs. Personally, I currently prefer the purple gradient over the scratchy edition the most, however as they are the paying client, I'll await a response to see what needs to be done next.

No comments:

Post a Comment