Wednesday 4 February 2015

Composition; Vis Lang

Composition scamps

Final pieces 

WHAT LEARNT

Composition means the selection and arrangement of elements within a space so that they express the artist's idea clearly and effectively

Plan your picture carefully considering each of the elements within it

Think on paper; do multiple roughs and scamps, constantly analyse their composition; what is your intention? Focal point?

FOUR MAIN ELEMENTS OF COMPOSITION

Picture area
Line (of sight)
Depth
Value & tone

REFLECTION

I started doing the final image in pencil crayon but felt as though the colours weren't working in a way I wanted them too and were distracting from the focus of the task (good composition) so simplified the image to pure graphite and paper

I feel as though my image does deal with composition quite effectively, the notion of foreground, midground and background was very useful, and I found it helpful to imagine the image as if I was a cameraman working on a film; what did I want the focus of the still to be? The fox was my focal point and so after looking at my scamps I chose to develop the one that emphasised that the most. The tree stump was the object so I placed that in the midground, and finally the background helped to create a sense of depth. I also used the tree branches to create a line of sight towards the fox too

No comments:

Post a Comment