Sunday 22 February 2015

I See Faces; Week 2 (First GIF)

GIF layers in photoshop

Towards the end of the week I wanted to try making a final GIF; something simple so I could understand the process and practicality

I wanted to work with analog media when creating the fawn GIFs in particular to give them a hand-drawn and therefore HUMAN aesthetic 

I found the process of GIF making to be surprisingly easy and quick to pick up. One feature that I felt worked very well for me and the brief was to reuse images more than once in the GIF sequence in a mirror effect, this ensured that the GIF looped smoothly and also saved time redrawing frames to get back to the beginning. I'm also rather pleased with my first GIF as it achieved the emotional quality I wanted it to, I especially like the quiver that the hand-drawn line gives to the character and further amplifies the sad fragility I wanted the fawn to encompass 

Sad Little Fawn GIF

No comments:

Post a Comment