Sunday 22 February 2015

I See Faces; Week 2 (Character Workshop with Jon Boam)

Characters drawn during workshop with Jon Boam

While I found this task amusing, I would suggest that the most useful concept taken from it was that a character can be born from anywhere; concept driven or not

I feel as though my strongest characters were born from the shapes I was given and instructed to give character too, without being tied to an idea or concept it was easier to be free and much more playful with my character design

It was also useful to be given the shapes by a classmate rather than make my own as it forced me to adapt and change the way I would usually make characters, in order for them to fit within the shapes in a logical way

WHAT LEARNT

What I got from this task was that perhaps concentrating less on concept and more on character could actually help the strength of my pieces

While INTENT is very important, for this particular brief, I don't think the concept needs to be


No comments:

Post a Comment