Wednesday 26 November 2014

Sketchbook; Shape




This week was a really transformative week for me. Previous to this week's brief I'd never encountered using shape as a way of thinking about drawing.

I think I really started to notice a huge difference in the way shape was making me work when I began to use collage and paper cutting out figures as a new form of image making. Shape was making the way I read source material and images totally different to how I usually would. It allowed me to simplify the figures and in turn their features. Due to this simplification I became more selective in the information I wanted to convey in my own illustrations.

It also felt a lot more organic and authentic, like I wasn't trying to mimic a stylised version of reality, rather translate the information from the photograph to the way I saw it.

I really enjoyed this week's task

No comments:

Post a Comment