Sunday 16 November 2014

A Day in the Life; Evaluation and Self Reflection

This project opened my eyes as to how scamping and thinking through drawing can really help in forming and developing new ideas when faced with a new brief. By simply getting the obvious ideas drawn out first, I found it easier and quicker to develop them into new and more creative ones. The act of actually making the images, in particular the first one of Ed Miliband, was something else I really enjoyed. The crafting of these images, taking this time to paint out the intricate details was something I felt I could get lost in, and was one of the reasons I feel as though the landscape image didn't work as well as the others. It felt as though the piece lacked the same level of craft as the two other works, and peer feedback also commented on the difference in style with this image too which made it seem less 'part of the set' compared to the other two. 

Notes for next time: Be sure to continue same style through all sets of images, ensure consistent level of craft with all images






No comments:

Post a Comment