Sunday 16 November 2014

Play, Play, Play; Evaluation and Self Reflection

I feel as though my three final outcomes for this brief have been my strongest to date. The idea of working with shape and texture to create engaging illustrations has really pushed me to work in new ways when constructing my illustrations. I found that not only did the use of collage and texture work well in achieving the atmosphere I wanted the three pieces to evoke, I enjoyed the process too. The act of sitting down and individually crafting each of the textures, taking the time to arrange and place them, cutting and sticking them all down was something I really relished. I found that because of the somewhat meticulous nature of this form of image making I was constantly making micro decisions throughout the construction of the final pieces, and this constant evaluation and attention to detail stopped me from cutting corners where I might have done if I'd drawn or painted the images. The general feedback also seemed to be that this technique of image making was well received, people were getting the sort of nostalgic, childhood feel from all of the pieces that I wanted them to evoke. People were also engaging with the illustrations a lot more because I'd left a certain amount of ambiguity in there, they were making up their own stories and backgrounds to my images which is something I'm so pleased to have achieved.



No comments:

Post a Comment