Sunday 30 April 2017

Change of Printing Plans

As previously mentioned, I had up until this point planned on printing my book hardback via Blurb. However today whilst checking shipping times I was a little taken a back by how long the book would take to construct, print and ship to me (8 days). With this in mind I was faced with two options;

rush the book to get it finished in less than a week so I could send it off in time to be printed 

OR 

take my time illustrating the book and print it at uni. 

I've decided at this point that I'm going to print my final book as a paper-bound, using the uni print dungeon. This is because I really want to finish the year with something that I'm proud of. So I'm going to take the full (almost) two weeks until the deadline to make sure the images and tone of the book are correct. I'll then print the book at uni for hand in BUT still send the book to print hardback at blurb for after then. I still want to see the final book realised to its full potential. While I can't do this in time for marking, I'll still have the hardback version for the end of year show, and a copy to give to Stewart. I'll also be able to photograph the hardback version for my website and portfolio, whereas the paper-bound will be used for marking purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment