Wednesday 7 December 2016

Third V.M. box Visit

On this visit I tried to get a lot of the line-work done so that the piece would start too look as though it was coming to the end. It was a really dry and sunny day (despite being December???) so I feel as though I was able to get a lot done!! I also blocked out the top 'bush' part of the design. Within the initial proposal the top of the box had been a darker yellow, however I felt that would be too much of one colour as a backdrop. Giving the spot pink colour I'd used within the bottom half of the box, I thought it made sense to balance the overall look out with a pink top.

I was a little nervous before doing it, and part of me wished I'd mocked it up with a pink top before going straight in with the paint. But once the block colour was filled in I was sure I'd made the right choice.

I got the lines on the bear completed, as well as the details on the top part of the image. I finally feel as though it's coming together as a finished piece!!!!

I think I'll only need one more visit to the box before it's completed. So I can finish the linework on the leaves and ferns, as well as signing the piece with my name and instagram. This has in no way been an easy brief, but I've learnt so much and had so many complements from the public; I recon it'll be worth it all in the end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment