Tuesday 20 December 2016

BRIEF IN A DAY; Love Glove

The Client; 

  • Izzie Glazzard
  • Graphic Design student @ LCA

The Brief; 
  • Hey , i'm putting together a queer/LGBT+ arts and culture magazine and i'm looking for some illustrators to collaborate in creating some satirical adverts. I have a few ideas so far and am just looking for some talent to execute them for me. The ideas so far are...
- Finger condoms/latex gloves for lesbians
- U-hall van hire
- Vitamin D
- Nike - Dyke
- Lesbian manicure service - to cut and clean up nails rather than add falsies
- Gay conversion therapy - to make straight people gay
- Cock engagement rings
- Coming out cake makers
I'm completely open to any other ideas and would love you to get involved. Lemme know if your down.
 
Iz
                    The Rationale;

                    • I was contacted by Izzie (who I worked with last year on responsive D&AD brief) about making an image for her queer/LGBT+ arts and culture magazine as a part of her COP practical work. This kinda came out of the blue but I really liked the idea of getting involved. I've enjoyed working with Izzie in the past, and this seemed like a really quick turn around brief that would be a bit of fun in between all the current COP stress I was dealing with in my own project.
                    How it went down
                    • I asked Izzie if it'd be cool for me to do the finger condoms for lesbians image. I'm an absolute sucker for puns and I had a ton ready for this image. I also really liked the half funny half satirical notion the image implied. 
                    • Having being around Izzie's work for some time I know she's a fan of bold graphic design and block colour, so I decided to incorporate bright colours into my own image.
                    • Given that her magazine was so inclusive (and that I'd been filling myself up with inclusive knowledge for my own COP) I also chose to make the central hand of the image a skin colour other than white, as an attempt to include queer/LGBTQ+ women of colour also
                    Examples of Izzie's work
                    • My main intention with this brief was just to have fun with it, and try out some quick digital work in between all the analogue stuff I'd been doing. I tried to stick with the fun and ridiculous notion of finder condoms for women, and I think that shows in my final piece. Izzie was really happy with it, and it gave me a nice break from my own COP for a few hours. Don't forget to wrap ur members ladiez!!!
                    Final Illustration

                    Image on Izzie's Insta

                    No comments:

                    Post a Comment