Thursday 8 December 2016

Photocopied Gig Posters (La Bete Blooms)

Test copy

Ahead of the gig at Adelphi, I made a suggestion to Dan about photocopying some of the posters I'd made for him and the band to give out free at the gig. I'd be making a trip home for Christmas anyway and could easily drop them off if it was something he'd be interested in doing.

The piece itself was so inspired by punk/DIY I just really wanted to see it exist in a photocopied format. The boys agreed they'd love to have a few copies to give away at the gig so I ran the design through the photocopier. The above test on yellow was to make sure the paper quality worked with the photocopier (didn't want any jams haha) as the paper was slightly smaller than A4. Once this came out fine, I ran the design through on the original pink colour.

When prepping this design I also took away the added texture I'd used on the digital version. The paper quality gave the black it's own texture and depth, so the 'fake texture' wasn't necessary for this final production. 

Finals for Show

No comments:

Post a Comment