Tuesday 6 December 2016

La Bete Blooms; Final Adelphi Poster

Final Gig Poster

After hearing back from the boys, I scanned the image in properly at 300dpi and cleaned it up a little. This was mainly just altering the levels of the original piece. During the creation of the image I did mess up the text on the date and fixed it with tipex and black pen. I thought about correcting this with photoshop but I think what I really love about this image is rawness to it. I didn't really want to go in and start cleaning the image up too much as I liked it's flaws and it's honesty as an image.

At this point I also brought in a texture I made a while ago using crumpled black paper. I think it just gave the image a little more depth without over crowding the linework that was already there. I also muted the pink tone down to something more pleasing than the quick mock up version on photoshop. 

With all this done I sent it to the boys and they gave it a massive thumbs up. It has since been rolled out onto social media in place of the digital poster. I'm so much happier with this final piece and it reflects the genre of La Bete Blooms so much more effectively than the previous digital poster. I think this piece also reflects my own tone of voice so much more effectively. Looking at this image through the lens of line allowed me to create something that is true to who I am as a practitioner at this point, and showed me that my raw / sketch-y / loose nature is still commercially viable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment