Tuesday 1 November 2016

Printing for Artlink


I spent this week printing the images for Artlink, so they would be ready for me to travel down and deliver them this weekend ahead of the final deadline of the 7th Nov for hanging etc. The show would have an official opening night on Friday 11th Nov. 

Altogether the printing process went a lot better than I would have expected it to!!! The staff at the print room were super helpful with any queries I had or little reminders that I needed as I haven't screen printed for about a year!

I'm really pleased with my colour choices too, and the split fountain gave them the illusion of something more complex than a simple one colour screen print.

The two prints featuring figures did come out with some additional textures than I'd planned on them having however, I think this was down to the screen perhaps not being fully clean when I exposed the images? I asked my peers for their opinions on the prints as a sort of 'mini crit' so I could gauge whether or not they needed reprinting.  However most people actually quite liked the extra texture, so with time restraints and the positive response to the prints I chose to not reprint them.

In preparation for the show I also bought two frames so a couple of the prints could be seen in a final context rather than just loose prints. I bought clear plastic sleeves for the loose prints so they wouldn't get scraped up during the exhibition. 

With all this done I took the prints over to Artlink during the weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment