Tuesday 8 November 2016

Chosen Image; Text Experiments (La Betes)

After sending the images to Dan he chose the white fade over their faces as the image he liked best, and while him and the band were happy with the typeface they wondered if I could play around with placement a little bit.

They also wanted 'La Bete Blooms' to be bigger than the two supporting acts names. I put these examples together, varying the font size and placement. I also moved the logo around when appropriate.

Personally I prefer the central version currently as it feels the most balanced of the lot. Though I'm fairly happy with this poster as a piece of design work, I wish I'd had a bit more of a chance to experiment with the idea on an illustrative level. La Betes as a group are very post-punk and this style of gig poster feels very commercial and a little (dare I say it about my own work??) bland.

As mentioned as a deign piece I think the image works, but I'm unsure if it reflects the bands aesthetic and ethos. The image however, is a part of the brief and this is how the client wants the final image to appear, so the final say lies with them!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment