Tuesday 17 November 2015

After Effects Examples

Success from Hannah Jacobs on Vimeo.

When looking for examples of After Effects animations that I liked, I found that simplicity was often the key. A lot of the animations looked a little thrown together, and the ones that seemed most professional and engaging usually didn't over complicate the animation, composition and colour palette.

'Success' by Hannah Jacobs, really utilized sound in relationship with the moving images in a way that felt very, well, successful! The movement and transitions from one image to another was complimented well and made for a stronger piece of work when paired with sound. To watch the animation with no sound, a lot of the transitions and movements from one frame to another seem rather simple. However I am aware that the smooth flow of these images does seem to use frame by frame animation, something our brief does not permit.

The limited palette also shows what can be accomplished within animation using only a few colours! Something that will be helpful in my work later on!


EMARSYS MOTION STORY from Giant Propeller on Vimeo.


Whereas the previous animation was very narrative driven with voice over and sound effects really bringing it to life, this piece I found based around DNA branding is quite different. What struck me most about this piece of work was how well the music fit with the movements of the abstract shapes on screen.

The use of negative space also accompanied the whole atmostphere very well I feel, and again limited palette makes this piece of work feel less clumsy and thrown together and more considered and clean cut.

It has also opened me up to the idea that my sting doesn't have to narrative driven and could be more abstract, perhaps using motifs from Murakami's work? It it something to consider as I go further into this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment