Saturday 21 November 2015

Gertie Harry Brief; Colour & Compositions


Development // Client Talk

Once the scamps had been sent off, the client picked out the two he felt worked best and allowed me to go with whichever I felt was stronger to take through into a digital final image. I personally felt as though the second choice (see issuu document above) would work best at an A5 format showcasing both a strong female pose and allowing for a stronger shape // silhouette driven piece (would work better at A5 smaller format rather than something heavily detailed being printed). 

Media // Colour

The client has stated earlier that he thought it would be nice if the image was done digitally rather than analog. He referenced a previous piece of mine he had seen online and suggested a similar technique to be applied for this image. With the media chosen I decided to work with a limited colour palette so the piece wasn't overly busy and the focus would still very much be on Gertie. Choosing a turquoise // blue for her hair, I then picked a complimentary pink for the other spot colour. At this point the client was still unsure about what text was to be included in the final image, so I played around with her name and how that could appear on the cover. Given I was unsure what further text would be added to the piece I mocked up various compositional examples to send over. The text was to be hand rendered so I tried to keep to a bold sans serif that would stand out amongst the image without overshadowing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment