Monday 9 March 2015

Viewpoint and Depth; Vis Lang

Scamps for viewpoint and depth

Final image

WHAT LEARNT

Viewpoint and depth can create the illusion of distance or three dimensions

Overlapping (foreground, midground and background) can be used to achieve this

Can be used to provide an angle of vision (can therefore be manipulated to give a certain viewpoint)

Making things larger//smaller, using variety, can make images more dynamic and believable; imagined worlds feel more realistic

REFLECTION

I took out a book of photography to help me with this brief and it was interesting to actually just sit down and draw from reference again; I tried to be simplistic in the way I drew the information down so I could really concentrate on how the images used viewpoint and depth 

I ended up using a scamp in which I took aspects from a few photographs and put them together, and though I feel a sense of depth was created I could have pushed this further. I think if I'd have exaggerated the scale of these figures even more; made the small child at the front even bigger, and if I'd have pushed the subjects of this image closer together to create more overlapping the image might have had a stronger sense of depth





No comments:

Post a Comment