Monday 9 March 2015

3D & Lens

Riitta Ikonen

Ikonen's work really spoke to me as it reflected a quaint sort of charm with the way it mixed the surreal with the real. I liked how she transformed herself into something else to create an illusion, but then stayed in very real landscapes and environments. I feel as though there is a sense of character to her photographs too

 
Sketchbook development 

Bailey VS Bailey mask (ft Christmas jumper that was too small for him and looks like a crop top)

Fox mask sketch 

Mask construction

 
Final constructed mask





Final images


AIMS

With this task I wanted to portray the superpower of shapeshifting, I wanted to try two different images so I could try the 3D aspect of the brief in different environments. 

I wanted the images to be a little fun and quirky, and not take themselves too seriously

WHAT LEARNT//REFLECTIONS

I feel as though the strongest scenario was the one of me dressed as Bailey. Because it was indoors and in my own room I felt like I was close enough to the camera that a sense of character was captured, whereas with the fox I was too far away from the camera and had to zoom on the photo in to try and get a picture I could use

How the illustrations turned into physical forms was also something really interesting and forced me to think about the construction of my images in a new way; how they would work practically not just conceptually

I actually really enjoyed this brief, particularly the Bailey costume, and 3D and Lens is something I would like to experiment with further in the future. I'd like to give model making as a form of illustration a try too as it's something I've seen other illustrators dabble in and it seems like a fun alternative way of interpreting a brief

No comments:

Post a Comment