Tuesday 7 October 2014

Look, think and draw!

Through the process of observing and inhabiting the spaces and objects I was drawing from during this task I felt as though my drawing habits changed from those as if I were drawing from reference or imagination. 

I found that through being able to see things such as architecture and buildings in front of me in 3D they became slightly easier to understand and break apart into pieces that made sense. Usually I find solid, angular structures harder to draw as I find that by nature I prefer drawing with movement and gesture.

 I find it easier to understand the mechanics of anatomy and movement as opposed to solid structured forms. However during this task I found that these structures slowly began to make more sense to me. By being able to see the thing in it's three dimensional form I could look at it in ways to understand where certain lines or shadows were coming from, what was causing them to occur. 

Though there is still much room for improvement in this area I found this exercise very beneficial. As usual however I did find myself drawn to the figures around me. 

I love the idea of capturing a person when they don't know they're being drawn, it forces you to sketch and draw quickly in case they move or walk away, and that rawness in a quick thirty second sketch shares just a tiny bit of honesty in that moment you were looking at them. 









Sketches made throughout the days working on the brief

No comments:

Post a Comment