Monday 13 April 2015

Persons of Note; Contextual Research


Victoria Borges

What really drew me to Borges' work is her use of media and experimentive way she communicates ideas and figures. The way she overlaps somewhat abstract imagery could come in useful given the nature of this brief; trying to summarize someone's life could be quite a task, but Borges is able to deal with more than one element of an image and synthesise them together fluently.

Her use of colour and texture is also sublime. While most of these illustrations look digitally rendered they've really got me inspired to try some more painterly, textured work. It's something I haven't had chance to do so far this year and something I actually really enjoy. I think it's nice to do something different with scale and media to push and experiment with your own style of illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment