Tuesday 28 April 2015

Persons of Note; Week 3

Colour//media tests for postcards

The peer feedback was really useful, especially when it came to my problem of negative space in my postcards; the suggestion to do them in a similar way to my poster solved my issue! I did a few scamps to experiment with different medias to work with the watercolour and eventually decided up watercolour and mechanical pencil, as it seemed to work the best over all three of the postcards, as well as fitting in with how I would construct my poster.


Process of watercolour (and graphite) poster

I bought some watercolour paper to do my final work on. This did make the watercolours seem a lot more pigmented and bold when compared with my tests in the sketchbook however I didn't mind this as I wanted the poster to be a very positive and vibrant thing.

I kept the same paper quality and watercolours throughout all my final images to ensure they would work well as a set. Once compete I scanned them all in at high resolutions and had them printed in the print dungeon, I wanted a clean white matte finish on all the different works so again chose one paper stock to fit all three pieces (poster, postcards and stamps). I also printed out the postcards and stamps with a grey background so I would know where the white borders I'd put in where when I cut them out.

Postcards and stamps (traditional)

 
Final printed pieces


No comments:

Post a Comment