Monday 18 April 2016

Initial Thoughts


Initial Thoughts

The open nature of this brief allows for endless possibilities in outcomes; because of this I found it a little difficult where to start. In terms of forms of illustration I decided to focus on Product and Packaging, this is a category that I could take in anyway I want to while being something I haven't really focused on before. A lot of my work is character driven, and it hasn't been until OUIL503 that I've started to really consider that in real world context, I'm interested to see where I can push my characters so they become more than stand alone images and work as representing something stronger like a campaign. 

Media

Throughout this year I've come across a lot of 3D illustration that has really got my creative juices flowing. Other than some ceramics during my foundation year, 3D illustration is something I feel I haven't really had the time or chance to fully investigate; I want to utilise this module so that I can dabble in making my work 3D and see how that pushes my routine and way of image making!

Content

As of this point I'm a little unsure of the content my work should investigate. Initially I chose women and plants and they're things I enjoy drawing; I thought about creating a campaign for body positivity using 3D ceramics. This would give me a chance to transform my 2D illustrations into 3D products that could be packaged up to be sold, through either a retailer or gallery.

The further I got into my sketchbook with this subject matter however the more I felt as though the project was a little stagnant, I feel at this point while the images are strong, I'm not really pushing my abilities as much as I want to. This module gives the opportunity for immense growth in image making and technical skills and that is something I want to capitalise on. I must endeavour to push myself, the content, concept and practical aspects of my work as much as possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment