Sunday 28 September 2014

Wear a mask of yourself; final image


Orignal photo

Photo after edits in photoshop

Throughout this process my intent was to make a mask that reflected my playful and cheery nature, and so when I came around to choosing a location in which to take the photo I wanted something that matched that intent. The idea of children playing dress up and pretending to be monsters and animals really helped me in creating an atmosphere for the final image. Home-made dens and soft lighting were two additional thoughts that really drove the visual outcome of this photo; I wanted it to evoke a sense of nostalgia, as though it were a family photo from your childhood. In hindsight however I would have perhaps added more bold detail to the body and arms of the mask to give it more impact, and rather than drawing a few of the details in pencil, used a marker pen instead, if only in grey, to make them more visible while still fitting with the aesthetic of the overall image. 


No comments:

Post a Comment